ASIFA-Hollywood and the Animation Educators Forum are pleased to announce Scholarships to study in the USA. Applications will be accepted from undergraduate students entering their first year and above and for graduate students working toward the completion of a thesis.
ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of animation through education. Our growing international membership, with their diverse backgrounds in both the animation and educational fields, are focused on extending their knowledge and experience to others within the worldwide animation community.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to Undergraduate as well Graduate students.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Animation.
Scholarship Award: Our scholarships are merit-based awards designed to support college students in continuing their education in the field of animation. Awards may range from $2500 to $5000 and be applied to:
- books and supplies
- formal academic research
- animation equipment (including computer hardware and software)
- senior or graduate projects
In addition, all scholarship award winners will receive a 1-year associate membership to ASIFA-Hollywood.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the scholarship award, the following MINIMUM criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be undergraduate students entering their second year of study or above. Graduate students at all levels are also invited to apply.
- Applicants must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Applicants must be attending a college, university or trade program in the field of animation that is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency.
- Applicants must plan to attend the full 2017 academic year. Students planning to attend only a portion of the year (ex. Spring semester) are NOT eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applications will only be considered for the semester(s) that the student will be actively attending classes. Awards cannot be “reserved” for Spring semester classes nor during a Leave of Absence.
- To receive the scholarship funds, the awardee must be able to provide proof of registration for Fall 2017. Special accommodations may be made for award winners attending Accredited Institutions with academic calendars that do not align with the common Fall/Spring semester schedule.
- Students cannot be awarded the ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum Student Scholarship for two consecutive academic years. Recipients of the Scholarship in the previous year (2016) are ineligible for this year.
- All applications must be completed by 11: 59 PM PST on June 20, 2017.
- Applications from international students are welcome.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. Applications from local, national and international students are most welcome.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Proposals will be accepted for undergraduate students entering the sophomore year and above and for graduate students working toward the completion of a thesis.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application materials will include:
- A short biography (1 page maximum) describing the applicant’s experience as an animation major. (Tips: This could include why you chose animation, a course or teacher that has been meaningful to you, your participation in your school’s animation club, and any animation-related internship or work experience that you have had)
- A proposal (2 page maximum) for the scholarship describing how the award will be used and how that will benefit the applicant’s goals in animation
- A detailed budget describing how the funds will be spent (ex. list of equipment, itemized travel expenses or tuition)
- A formal abstract for an academic paper, an animation reel (2 minute maximum) and/or still art (10 piece maximum) demonstrating the applicant’s strengths and/or artistic breadth
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a faculty member that is familiar with the work of the applicant, and one from a current ASIFA member OR an individual with verified professional animation experience (see note
Application Deadline: Application deadline is June 20, 2017.