The International Centre for Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Nairobi, Kenya in collaboration with DAAD offer 12 PhD scholarships per year to visiting scholars from developing countries (other than Kenya) who wish to pursue advanced research in natural sciences.
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligibility: Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass of second-class, upper division.
- A Master’s degree taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or other field relevant to the PhD project.
- The Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- The applicant must be a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa. Some country restrictions apply, see List of projects for more details.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also especially encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a maximum age of 36 years (men) or 40 years (women) by 31st December 2017.
- PhD project(s) selected by the candidate (see list of projects for specific requirements).
- A good command of the English language (written & spoken).
- Completed application form and accompanying supporting documents submitted online.
Number of Awards: 12
Scholarship Worth: The scholarships cover all costs of the PhD programme, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs. Financial support for the scholarships is from DAAD and icipe.
How to Apply: Click on the link below to download the application form and guidelines.
Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
Application Deadline: 12th February 2017