Korean Government Scholarships for 170 Bachelors, 800 Masters & PhD for Developing Countries 2018/2019
About Scholarship: The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is offered to international students who want to pursue Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Applications (Embassy, University) are expected from:
- Graduate: February 2018 to March 2018
- Undergraduate: September 2018 to October 2018 (To open in September 2018)
Offered annually? Yes
Accepted Subject Areas: Courses offered at one of the 60 participating Korean higher institutions
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to students from the following countries:
China, Japan, Russia, Cambodia, Mongolia, Vietnam, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Chinese Taipei, Uzbekistan, Turkey, USA, Ethiopia, Colombia, Nepal, Senegal, Bangladesh, Ukraine, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Azerbaijan, El Salvador, Egypt, Tanzania, Germany, France, Dominica, Chile, Iran, Canada, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Pakistan, Gabon, Romania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Czech, Guatemala, Ecuador, Algeria, Yemen, Uganda, Belize, Honduras, Italy, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Poland, Ghana, Georgia, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Nigeria, Republic of South Africa, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Rwanda, Libya, Lithuania, Moldavia, Bahrain, Barbados, Bahamas, Venezuela, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Brunei, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden, Slovenia, Armenia, Argentina, Haïti, Ireland, Afghanistan, Angola, Oman, Austria, Uruguay, Iraq, Israel, Zambia, Cameroon, Qatar, Kenya, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Panama, Paraguay, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Fiji, Hungary, Australia, Jordan
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Number of Scholarships
- KGSP Undergraduate: around 170 grantees will be awarded annually
- KGSP Graduate: around 800 grantees will be awarded annually
Scholarship Benefits: Flight | Tuition | Stipend | Medical Insurance | Settlement Allowance | Completion Grants
1st Selection: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partering universities in Korea. The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
2nd Selection: The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
3rd Selection: Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
- 1 year Korean language course +2 year Associate degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 4 year Bachelors degree
- 1 year Korean language course+ 2 years of Master’s degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 3 years of Doctoral degree
To be taken at: Korean Universities.
How to Apply: Applicants can only apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
Application Deadline: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea
Sponsors: The Korean Government, National Institute for International Education (NIIED)