Google Lime Scholarship Program
The application for the Google Lime Scholarship Program is now open! The highly selective program is open to accomplished undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. students, who are pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field in college or university. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated a passion for computer science $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Lime Connect was founded as a not for profit corporation in March of 2006 to represent a fresh, out-of-the-box business approach in the disability talent space.
2017 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply) and also
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function) this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply by logging into, or join the Lime Network through the given link:
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Three essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- Two recommendation letters from a professor, adviser or supervisor
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$10,000 scholarship award will be given for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those who are studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Applications are open for apply by midnight PST on Sunday, December 4, 2017.
Link for More Information: