SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Creative Writing Fellowship by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is currently accepting applications for the Creative Writing Fellowship. Only the U.S writers are welcome to apply this fellowship. The winning fellows will be granted $25,000.
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) has put forward a marvelous fellowship termed as Creative Writing Fellowship. If you are a writer and citizens/permanent residents of the United States you are eligible to apply. The fellowship provides writers the time and space to create, revise, conduct research, and connect with readers.
Successful candidate will receive grant of $25,000.
Level and Area of Studies: Not specified.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
You are eligible to apply in Prose if, between January 1, 2010, and March 8, 2017, you have had published:
- At least five different short stories, works of short fiction, excerpts from novels or memoirs, or creative essays (or any combination thereof) in two or more literary journals, anthologies, or publications that regularly include fiction and/or creative nonfiction as a portion of their format; or
- A volume of short fiction or a collection of short stories; or
- A novel or novella; or
- A volume of creative nonfiction.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- Individuals who previously have received two or more Literature Fellowships (in poetry or prose) or Translation Fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Individuals who have received any Literature Fellowship (in poetry or prose) or Translation Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts on or after October 1, 2008.
- News reporting.
- Scholarly writing. (Writers who are engaged in scholarly work may wish to contact the National Endowment for the Humanities .)
- Working toward academic degrees.
Only the citizens or permanent residents of the United States may apply this scholarship.
Please see the detail instruction of the application procedure at the website and application link below.
8 March 2017.