UN Women UNiTE Song Contest 2016-2017
UN Women invites you to capture the spirit of the Secretary General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women Campaign by making your own music video for the UNiTE Campaign Song 2016-2017.
The general theme is UNiTE: End Violence against Women. Under the general campaign theme, the video clip may also include the following messages:
- Ending violence against women and girls
- Gender equality
- Ending violence against women and girls is everyone’s responsibility
- Respectful relationships between genders
- Healthy masculinity
- Campaign colour which is orange
Participants are encouraged to feature campaign and advocacy activities in their video clips and to portray a sense of hope and optimism.
Apple iPad mini 4 WiFi 64 GB donated by the Embassy of Canada in Thailand plus a UNiTE prize pack given by UN Women.
The Judges Award winner and the Most Popular Award winner will each receive an Apple iPad mini 4 WiFi 64 GB valued at 780 Canadian Dollars to be donated by the Canadian Embassy in Thailand plus a UNiTE prize pack to be given by UN Women. The UNiTE prize pack consists of UNiTE shirts, hats, wristbands, notebooks, pens and other advocacy products. The interviews with the winners will be featured on the UN Women Asia-Pacific website with links to your organization/initiative/music that you would like to promote. The music video clips will be linked to the UN Women and UNiTE social media platforms. Winners and other selected entries will be featured on UN Women Asia-Pacific YouTube channel and website. They will also be screened on the public screens at the United National Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and in public spaces around the Asia and the Pacific.
- Make a music video clip featuring the UNiTE campaign song. You may use the version of the song provided, sing a cover version of the song or write your own song.
- Upload the clip onto Youtube and accompany it with a description of the theme chosen, shooting location with the hashtag #UNiTEsong, #16Days
- Email the Youtube link to email@example.com with your name, contact details and your country to automatically enter the contest.
- Share your Youtube clip widely with friends and networks. The more views you get, the more likely you will win the prizes!
The contest is open today until February, 15th 2017. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered. Winners will be announced in Bangkok on 8 March 2017, International Women’s Day.
Please contact at UNiTE Asia-Pacific team,
UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Online, Bangkok, Thailand.
Organizer: UN WOMEN.
Type: Fully Funded.