Last 2014, there were 220 scholars who took advantage of the SESP program in OWWA Regional Welfare Office of Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) , out of these, 155 already graduated for the year 2015. Of those who graduated in CAR, 69 are OFWs, 74 of which are spouses of OFWs, and 47 are siblings and dependent children of OFWs.
Who can avail this scholarship?
Active members of OWWA like:
vacationing OFWs or (landbased and seabased)
finished contract workers but are still active member of OWWA.
Qualified dependents of an OFW can also take SESP
- Spouse of an OFW
- Child not older than 21 years old
- Brother/sister not older than 21 years old of an unmarried OFW
You need to submit
- Accomplished application forms (2 sets)
- 1″x1″ ID pictures (2 copies)
- Form 137/HS Report Card or Transcript of Records/ official copy of grades
- Proof of OWWA Membership: official receipt of OWWA contribution/OFW E-Card
- For dependents: proof of relationship to OWWA member (e.g. copy of marriage contract and/or birth certificate of both OFW and applicant- dependent duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar)
What are the requirements
- Must be an active OWWA member (land-based or sea-based) or beneficiary/dependent of an active OWWA member
2. Must pass the TESDA qualifying examination or Multiple Aptitude Battery Test (MABT) on the program of choice- This is usually done in the school of your choice, for example in Tagaytay, one of the schools that has TESDA courses is Olivarez College. Upon inquiry, a TESDA admission/assessment test will be administered to the applicant. This is free of charge too.
3. Have at least one (1) recorded membership contribution
For those who would like to avail and inquire of the program please feel free to visit your respective Regional Welfare Office located at 17 Magsaysay Avenue, Private Road, Baguio City. Or call: (074) 445-2260 or (074) 300-3658.Check here for the list of OWWA Regional Office and contact information
Where can I study or take the program?
You may take any vocational or technical course in any school accredited by TESDA.
What are the courses offered?
The following courses are offered for the program (may be subject to change and availability of course in your local TESDA training center, you may contact OWWA and TESDA for updated information)
SESP courses offered:
• Agriculture and fishery
• Processed food and beverages
• Tourism (hotel and restaurant)
• Metals and engineering
• Communication/electronics/information technology
• Health, social services and other community
• Decorative crafts and ceramics
• Gifts, toys and housewares
• Furniture and fixtures
• Maritime land transport
• Social and personal services