Okazaki Kaheita Scholarship, An International Master Scholarship in Japan
The applications for Okazaki Kaheita International Scholarship are now accepted. Those who coming from People’s Republic of China, and other Asian countries are welcome to apply. This scholarship supports master program in any field except medicine, dentistry and veterinary science. The successful applicants will receive a range of interesting benefits including monthly allowance worth ¥120,000.
The Okazaki Kaheita International Scholarship Foundation was established in March 1990 to contribute to world peace and development by fostering people from the People’s Republic of China and other countries in Asia. This foundation strives to promote mutual understanding and international exchange as well as to pay homage to and immortalize the spirit of Okazaki Kaheita, a man who worked for mutual understanding, peace, and world friendship. In order to promote friendship between Japan and Asian countries and to further the personal development of people in these countries, the foundation provides scholarships to students from Asian countries who wish to study in graduate schools in Japan.
The winners of the Okazaki Kaheita Scholarship may expect to receive the benefits as follow:
- Scholarship Amount: Postgraduate student (graduate school): ¥120,000/month and Auditor of graduate course or during Japanese Language study : ¥100,000/month
- School and Examination Fees: The foundation shall cover all required entrance and tuition fees (average sum of ¥700,000/year).
- Outfit Allowance: ¥100,000 shall be paid as funds for initial expenses to begin living and studying in Japan. ¥20,000 as part of the above amount shall be handed in the selected applicant’s own country when he/she receives the certificate of the scholarship.
- Travelling Expenses: ANA airline tickets shall be provided to the selected applicant for travelling to and from Japan, respectively to be used at the time of commencing studies and upon completion of their scholarship program.
- Residence: The foundation shall provide, free of charge, one room in the ANA dormitory for each of selected applicants who live in Kawasaki or Tokyo.
- Counseling: The foundation shall provide information and consultation services on matters related to living in Japan and on university examinations.
- Medical Expenses: Foundation requires all the students to take out the mandatory
National Health Insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
Research and Master courses in all subject except medicine, dentistry and veterinary science.
Place of Study
This scholarship program will support study taken in Japan
Eligibility and Criteria
Before applying this scholarship, please ensure that you are a qualified person based on the following general criteria:
- Be a resident of the People’s Republic of China, or other eligible Asian countries.
- Major: The field of study selected by the applicant must be the same as his/her major at the undergraduate level.
- Language ability: Must be able to understand graduate level lectures taught in Japanese or English.
- Dwelling: Must principally be willing to live in the ANA dormitory.
- Others: The foundation deems it most suitable that the selected applicant come to Japan alone without his/her family) to study under their program.
Only those coming from People’s Republic of China and the eligible Asian countries can apply for these scholarships.
To apply this scholarship, the candidates must be able to provide all of the documents below:
- School records
- Graduation certificate (or Certificate of studentship)
- Health certificate
- Recommendation from supervising professor
- Recommendation from employer (Only for applicants currently employed)
Each country has own deadline, please see the details at the link below.