National Infocomm Scholarship For Singapore citizens 2017-2018
With infocomm, the future is a mere touch away and with the National Infocomm Scholarship (NIS), your dream of shaping and leading it becomes possible. To develop your abilities to their fullest potential, the NIS provides you with both the prestige of a government scholarship and valuable exposure to private sector work, through opportunities for internships and networking with the top names in the industry.
If you seek a scholarship that offers you greater choice, scope and flexibility during your course of study, NIS is the one for you. With 4 scholarship categories, each brimming with possibilities, you can carve a unique and exciting route to becoming an infocomm leader.
The 4 scholarship categories are:
Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship:
Four Fast Track Bachelors–Masters programmes are offered under the NIS. In collaboration with renowned local universities and overseas universities, the programme provides you with a choice of quality courses to pursue an infocomm education and career. Graduates will be awarded both Bachelors and Masters degrees from the respective universities. .
Full Overseas Scholarship:
Get closer to your dream career by pursuing a Bachelors degree at renowned overseas universities.
Full Local Scholarship:
Write your future by pursuing a Bachelors degree locally.
Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship:
Grab the chance to embark on a spectrum of opportunities with NIS for undergraduates enrolled in an infocomm-related degree at a local/overseas university.
With the National Infocomm Scholarship, great benefits await you en route to becoming an infocomm leader.
Networking and Attachment Opportunities with leading organisations
NIS scholars will have the opportunity to network with industry leaders ranging from up and rising start-ups to prestigious MNCs. Scholars will gain the chance to be mentored by industry bigwigs and gain exciting attachment opportunities. Attachments with prestigious organisations will position you at the forefront of industry development, allowing you to obtain a broader perspective of the trade and stand in good stead for your future career.
Exciting job placements opportunities upon graduation
Towards their final year of studies, NIS Scholars will be matched to the industry according to their aspirations and passion. Scholars will have the freedom to choose to work for any company under the list of recommended industry partners (e.g. start-ups, SMEs, MNCs) as approved by IMDA.
Short bond period to give you greater freedom in charting your career path
Bond period of one to five years gives you the freedom to seek fresh challenges and maximise your potential.
Support to upgrade yourself with industry-relevant skills
Scholars can benefit from the funding support to take up courses and certifications, as well as invites to networking opportunities and seminars etc.
NIS offers extensive programme support during your course of study:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees
- Annual living allowance one-time computer allowance
- Hostel fees
- One-time settling-in, attachment allowances and return airfare for overseas attachment
- Warm clothing allowance
- Medical insurance and visa fees, etc.
Course of Study
- Business and IT (e.g. Business Information Technology, Computational Finance, Computational Biology, etc)
- Computer Science
- Digital Media
- Electronic Commerce
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Financial IT/Informatics
- Information Systems
- Other infocomm-related courses
- Econs and/or Law (Applicants will be matched to IMDA only)
You will be required to serve a bond with a participating company as an infocomm professional in Singapore for:
- 5 years for Full Overseas Scholarship;
- 3 years for Full Local Scholarship;
- 4 years for the Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship; or
- 1 – 4 years for Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship (dependent on the duration of sponsorship).
- Be a Singapore citizen
- Have a good Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) record
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the infocomm industry
- Commence university studies within 1 year of award (i.e. commence studies latest by AY18 for 2017 awardees)
- For Full Scholarship – “A” Level or Polytechnic diploma holders
- For Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship – existing undergraduate pursuing an infocomm-related degree at a local/overseas university
For Application Procedure and More Information
Applications for 2017 is now open and will close on 24 March 2017. Interested applicants may apply HERE.
Click HERE to view the FAQs.
Contact us at NIS@imda.gov.sg