Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s Young Scholars Program, which is the largest high school scholarship and educational support program in the United States.
The Cooke Foundation is dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need. Since 2000, the foundation has provided over $152 million in scholarships to nearly 2,200 students from 8th grade through graduate school, along with comprehensive counseling and other support services. The foundation has also awarded over $90 million in grants to organizations that serve such students.
More than 90 percent of Cooke Young Scholars who apply for the Cooke College Scholarships are awarded the scholarship, which is worth up to $40,000 a year. Many have also received Cooke Graduate Scholarships, worth up to $50,000 a year for up to four years.
To be eligible for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2017.
- Fall College Enrollment – Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2017.
- GPA – Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Test Scores – Receive standardized test scores in the top 15%: SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 (old SAT scores) or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above.
- Income – Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Access to online application opens in late September. When the application period is open, instructions and links to the online portal will be available.
The College Scholarship Program application is available to students only during their senior year. The application opens in late September and closes in late November. The applications are reviewed December through March, and final notifications are made in April.