DUO-Belgium/Flanders Fellowship Programme
The DUO-Belgium/Flanders fellowship programme is now open. The award is aimed to support undergraduate and graduate students from Belgium one of the four selected Asian countries i.e. China, India, South Korea and Vietnam. Travel cost and monthly allowance will be given to each of the winning fellows.
DUO-Belgium/Flanders Fellowship Programme was established with the aim of promoting exchanges of students between Belgium/Flanders and 4 Asian countries (China, India, South Korea and Vietnam) on a balanced and permanent basis.
- 650 Euro/month for Flemish students and 800 Euro/month for Asian students
- 1,100 Euro for BOTH the Flemish student and the Asian student for the purpose of travel costs.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field of studies.
Place of Study
The program can be taken in Belgium, China, India, South Korea or Vietnam.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders(home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement;
- The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the Asian partner cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges;
- The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed in a Flemish Higher Education Institution;
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
- If the Flemish student has already started the exchange or the Asian student has already stayed in Belgium/Flanders before the application period for DUO- Belgium/Flanders 2017, the application is not acceptable.
This fellowship is available for students from the countries as follow: Belgium/Flanders and 4 Asian countries (China, India, South Korea and Vietnam)
Application should be made through the online system at the link below.
March 31, 2017.