SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/ Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) is delighted to announce the 2017 Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for youths from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States. Applications from individuals from the listed state is very much encouraged and eligibility status is also necessary as all applicants are to fulfill it as stated.
Application Deadline: 21st June, 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
About Programme: Shell LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and start-up finance.
The Shell LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
Eligibility: Applications for the Shell LiveWIRE Entrepreneurship programme Are Invited From:
- Male and female applicants from Bayelsa Delta and Rivers States aged between 18-35;
- Must possess a university degree or HND
- Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
- Must be resident in Delta, Bayelsa, or Rivers States;
- Must have an innovative business idea; and
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
- SPDC DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS.
- The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- SPDC DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email/sms.