AMWUA Water Smart Innovations Scholarship
In partnership with WaterSmart Innovations, AMWUA would like to announce a full “first-time” scholarship to the 2017 WaterSmart Innovations Conference & Expo named as “WaterSmart Innovations Scholarship”. To be applying for the scholarship applicants must have professional responsibilities (paid or volunteer) relating to water conservation or sustainability. WSI look forward to making it possible for one of Arizona’s next generation to become immersed in the world of water efficiency and to bring a new voice and perspective to the discussion. The participant who will win the scholarship will receive Complimentary conference registration ($395 value), Round trip, domestic airfare of up to $500 and many more.
The Arizona Municipal Water Users Association is a non-profit corporation governed by a Board of Directors composed of mayors and council members representing its ten member cities and towns. For nearly half a century, AMWUA has worked to protect our members’ ability to provide assured, safe and sustainable water supplies to their communities.
In order to participate in the scholarship, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant has not attended WaterSmart Innovations in any of the four most recent years.
- Applicant must have professional responsibilities (paid or volunteer) relating to water conservation or sustainability.
- Applicant must have preapproval from their supervisor to attend WaterSmart Innovations
- Applicant must currently reside in Arizona.
- Applicant must be able and willing to pay for airfare at time of purchase (eligible for reimbursement upon arrival).
- Applicant must be able and willing to pay other costs of the trip, including, but not limited to food and beverage, ground transportation, airport parking, airline luggage fees, and incidental hotel charges. The applicant commits to attend the entire conference. (Reimbursed air travel must arrive at McCarran airport no later than 7 a.m. on Wednesday and not depart earlier than 2 p.m. on the closing Friday. If driving, must check in at the WSI registration desk by 8 am Wednesday and check out at the WSI desk no earlier than noon on the closing Friday.)
How to Apply:
Applicants can download the application form through the given link: http://www.amwua.org/resource_documents/WSI17-Scholarship-App.pdf
Applications can be sent in one of the following ways:
- Complete application can be emailed to Sam Jaskolski at mailto:sjaskolski-at-amwua.org
- Completed, signed applications must be Email sjaskolski-at-amwua.org
- Mailed to 3003 N Central Ave, Ste 1550, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship includes:
- Complimentary conference registration ($395 value)
- Round trip, domestic airfare of up to $500
- $100 in per diem on a pre-paid Visa or MasterCard to offset miscellaneous conference-related expenditures (issued upon arrival)
- Three nights’ complimentary lodging at the host hotel (Tuesday through Thursday)
- Admission to the EPA WaterSense/Alliance for Water Efficiency Awards Luncheon
- Complimentary pre-conference workshop or post-conference tour (optional)
Applications must be submitted by August 23, 2017.
Link for More Information: