Applications are currently ongoing for the American University scholarship for international undergraduate students in USA 2018. The Scholarship is designed to sponsor Undergraduate students fro other countries of the world.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL (or above).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2018.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You finished secondary/high school more than two years ago (2016).
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for oneinternational student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Important: Only one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for Fall 2018. If you are not selected as the 2018 AU EGL recipient and wish to continue the application process, you may be eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, you will need to submit proof of additional funds beyond the initial U.S.$4,000 you provided. Estimated costs for the 2017-2018 academic year are U.S.$64,707.
The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process byDecember 15, 2017.
- Complete the online AU EGLS application (available September 2017) and Questions 1-4.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be scanned and emailed as PDF attachments email@example.com.Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results (preferred score: 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL, or above) if available. These can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to verify scores on your behalf.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by priority deadline December 15, 2017, or by January 15, 2018 latest. Please note that students who do not complete their application by the deadline will not be reviewed.
For more details,please visit Official website