SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Do you Love the World Politics? Do you have great passion for international relations? Harvard University is offering free online course on American Government. This course is ideal for citizens in the U.S. and abroad who want to understand the workings of the U.S. political system.
This course is an introduction to the U.S. government that draws on political science and cases—such as the Iraq invasion and health care reform—to explain how the U.S. government system works. The course will start on April 24, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 16 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Social Sciences
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on April 24, 2017
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty are engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study.
About This Course
American politics has all the aspects of drama, but it has real meaning for people’s everyday lives. What are the foundations of the U.S. political system? How do leading institutions such as the presidency and Congress operate? Where do public opinion, political parties, groups, and the media fit in? What explains America’s economic, social, and foreign policies? If exploring these questions interests you, then this is the course for you. This course is an introduction to the U.S. government that draws on political science and cases—such as the Iraq invasion and health care reform—to explain how the U.S. government system works. No previous study of American politics needed. Join us on a journey into the heart of the U.S. governing system.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Knowledge of the U.S. government
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytical reasoning
- Ethics and citizenship
- Capacity to synthesize
Thomas E. Patterson
Thomas E. Patterson is Bradlee Professor of Government and the Press in the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
This course is ideal for:
- College and advanced placement high school students looking for an introduction to American government.
- S.-based political science and government teachers looking for a way to augment their own courses.
- Global teachers and educators looking to explain the American political system to their students and citizens.
- Citizens in the U.S. and abroad who want to understand the workings of the U.S. political system.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)