SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Students from the United Arab Emirates are invited to apply for Al Jalila Foundation Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available to pursue the Master of Medical Sciences in Global Health Delivery (MMSc-GHD) program of Harvard Medical School.
The MMSc-GHD is a degree-granting master’s program that offers a rigorous cross-university curriculum focused on developing the tools needed to perform social and delivery science and policy research in resource-limited settings.
The Department of Global Health and Social Medicine is an interdisciplinary basic social science department at Harvard Medical School.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the Master of Medical Sciences in Global Health Delivery (MMSc-GHD) program of Harvard Medical School.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of medical and health sciences
Scholarship Award: The scholarship award shall cover the following for the applicant:
- Tuition fees
- Health insurance
- Hotel accommodation (One time only; upon arrival at the destination of study)
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Applicant must be a UAE National holding a valid UAE passport and UAEnationality document (Khulasat AlQayd).
- Applicant must hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in his/her undergraduate degree.
- Applicant must have obtained his/her undergraduate degree from a local or international academic institution accredited/recognized by CAAUAE/UAEMinistry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- If the applicant is employed, he/she must submit to Al Jalila Foundation a study leave letter from employer with information about the study leave type and duration, and if applicable, salary and benefits provided by employer during the enrolment of the applicant in the postgraduate program.
The study leave letter must be submitted along with the rest of the required documents.
Nationality: UAE nationals are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
- The MMSc-GHD is open to mid-career clinicians and professionals seeking new training to develop their careers in global health; medical students; students in other health-related graduate programs; residents, fellows, and other clinicians in training.
- The MD-MMSc-GHD is open to students currently enrolled as MD students at HMS. These students apply during their third year at HMS and they begin the program after completing Principal Clinical Experience.
Test Requirement: The MMSc-GHD program can accept scores from the MCAT, GRE and LSAT. You can upload a copy of these into the online system.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- Harvard application due date: By November 15, 2017, applicant must apply for the Master of Medical Sciences in Global Health Delivery (MMScGHD) and submit all required documents (by Harvard) and information to Harvard Medical School.
- AJFSP initial submission due date: By November 30, 2017: Applicant must complete and submit the following by e-mail to Al Jalila Foundation at scholarship-at-aljalilafoundation.ae :
The application form of Al Jalila Foundation International Scholarship Program (found on Al Jalila Foundation International Scholarship webpage)
Evidence of successful application to the Master of Medical Sciences in Global Health Delivery (MMSc-GHD). The evidence could be a reference number generated by the application webpage of Harvard Medical School or a screenshot.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 15, 2017.