The applications for the AISES – NAVSEA/SSP Scholarship Program are currently being accepted. Those awards are exclusively open to the enrolled member of an American Indian tribe, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian. Two types awards are now available; $10,000 scholarship for freshmen students and $5,000 for summer employment.
AISES has partnered with the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) to manage, develop, and further new and existing educational partnerships between the Department of Defense and other organizations in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The Navy STEM Scholarship Program (Scholarship Program) is designed to reach out to the next generation of scientists and engineers. This program strives to address decreasing numbers of science and engineering graduates by providing financial assistance to students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degrees. As tuition, cost of living, and other related college expenses continue to rise, the program helps students focus on academics instead of mounting financial debt.
The Scholarship Program, which is funded by NAVSEA and SSP consists of two parts:
- a one-time $10,000 scholarship awarded the freshman year of college; and
- an opportunity to apply for summer employment, which provides valuable technical work experience and continued tuition assistance (up to $15,000 per annum).
Level and Area of Studies
College of university level in STEM-related studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all students are required to meet all of the qualification as follow:
- Must be an enrolled member of an American Indian tribe, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian or otherwise considered to be an American Indian by the tribe with which affiliation is claimed; or is at least 1/4 American Indian blood; or is at least 1/4 Alaskan Native; or considered to be an Alaskan Native by an Alaskan Native group to which affiliation is claimed;
- Must be a current AISES member;
- be a United States citizen;
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a freshmen degree-seeking student;
- pursue a Navy-relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree;
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a Historically Black College or University (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), American Indian and Alaska Native-Serving Institutions , or other Minority Serving Institution (MI) as designated by the Department of Education with an ABET-accredited engineering program;
- carry a fulltime academic course load as defined by the school;
- be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, or an equivalent academic status, at the time of award;
- not have been charged, arrested, prosecuted and/or convicted of an offense that would prevent the recipient from obtaining an interim security clearance at NAVSEA and/or SSP;
- demonstrate a clear financial need as determined and validated by the school.
Only the U.S students are welcome to apply.
Please see the detail instruction of application procedure at the website and application link below.
Vary. Please regularly check visit the official website to see the annual deadline.