Applications are invited for the Accounting Doctoral Scholars Program at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Foundation. Applicants with the minimum three years of professional accounting experience or earned an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in accounting are eligible to Apply. The program provides financial assistance to individuals with recent public accounting experience in audit or tax to earn a doctorate in accounting with an emphasis in audit or tax. Through the scholarship, the AICPA Foundation will be awarded total $40,000 award.
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Foundation is the largest professional association for CPAs in the country. It has more than 418,000 members, and room for one more.Founded in 1887, the AICPA represents the CPA profession nationally regarding rulemaking and standard-setting and serves as an advocate before legislative bodies, public interest groups and other professional organizations.
To be eligible, the applicant must meet all the following requirements:
- CPA required
- Have minimum three years of professional accounting experience. A portion of that experience being within the last three years at the time of enrollment
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Earned an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in accounting
- GMAT score of 650 or higher (must be less than 5 years old)
- Will apply to an ADS Participating University to pursue a Ph.D. in accounting with a concentration in audit or tax
- Candidates agree to teach and research, in audit or tax, at a U.S. AACSB accredited university upon graduation
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can create an account go through the given link: https://www.thiswaytocpa.com/education/scholarship-search/2017-accounting-doctoral-scholars-program/apply/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) will provide $40,000 award to the winning candidates.
The submission of the application is due on September 8, 2017.
Link for More Information: