Last updated on February 23rd, 2018 at 07:11 am
Are you Passionate about leadership?Then hurry and apply for the AFRIKA KOMMT Fully Funded Internship Fellowship for Africans 2018, applicants are reminded to ensure that they must have complied with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
Nineteen of Germany’s leading businesses have committed themselves to a common cause. In 2008, they launched the AFRIKA KOMMT! initiative for economic and capacity development. The programme trains young, future managers from Sub-Saharan Africa on-site with German companies. The main idea behind the initiative is to create a win-win-situation for the programme participants and the partnering companies. Thus, the initiative lays the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa and aims at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future.
Internship, Career Fellowship
At the heart of the AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme is an eight-months practical training in a leading German enterprise benefiting both, fellows and partner companies – a classic win-win situation:
The programme fellows benefit through:
- gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- becoming acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- extending their international management competencies
- initiating networks of cooperation partners between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies
Sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country):
Germany, Candidate’s home country
Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibility requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
The partner companies benefit through:
- establishing networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
- extending their experience with the working and business culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- improving their knowledge about cultures, markets, countries etc. in Sub-Saharan Africa
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme also includes: Language course, Travelling expenses (Flights, Visa, local travels etc), Monthly living allowances, Accommodation, Insurance, Trainings and Study tours, Alumni activities, Certificate
After five completed programme years, a significant number of the participants now work in the branch office of their respective partner company in Africa.
How to Apply: Applications can only be submitted through the online application system.
Please read the application requirements carefully. You will find all necessary information in the application guide: AFRIKA KOMMT! 2018 – 2020
The application deadline for this program has passed but we encourage you to keep checking this site for most recent updates on this program.
Important Notes: You will have to apply for the whole programme and not for a certain company or placement. There is no guarantee that the practical training in a specific company is possible.