The African Palliative Care Association (APCA) is delighted to invite applications for 10 travel scholarships to the 5th International Public Health and Palliative Care conference in Ottawa, Canada
Eligible Countries: Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income countries
To be taken at (country): Ottawa, Canada
About the Award: This is an ongoing program and applications are accepted throughout the year. However, for certain events, IAHPC may set deadlines in order to be able to review and complete the process before the event starts. We need enough time to review your application and prepare the required paperwork in case it is awarded. Applications should be received at least 3 months in advance of your expected travel and meeting.
Type: Events and conferences
Eligibility: Applicants from all disciplines working in palliative care are welcomed. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years.
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- whose institution is an IAHPC active member.
- are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data.
- are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance I required.
- describe in their applications long term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Program: This program offers funding for travel and registration only. You need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
Duration of Program: September 17-20, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should check on the right-hand of the Program Webpage for Application and further details
Award Provider: International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care
Application Deadline: ongoing