AECOM Urban SOS Student Ideas Competition, 2017
hOUR City, this year’s Urban SOS student ideas competition, calls for multidisciplinary teams to apply for this competition. The competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students at all levels of higher education around the world. AECOM’s mission is to enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions. A total of US$15,000 in prize money will be distributed among the finalist teams and winning team also will receive up to US$25,000.
AECOM is an American multinational engineering firm that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to a wide range of clients. AECOM has approximately 87,500 employees and is number 156 on the 2016 Fortune 500 list.
In order to participate in the competition, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate and graduate students at all levels of higher education around the world.
- You must either be enrolled in a certified program during the 2017-2018 academic year at Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. level or have graduated in 2017.
- Current students are eligible as are recent graduates (those who graduated in January 2017 or later.)
Eligibility for Team
- Your team must be multidisciplinary, comprising members who are pursuing/concentrating studies in different disciplines and/or who have already completed a program in another discipline.
- For instance, your team may include members from design, engineering, business, technology, public health, policy studies, economics, finance, sociology, international development, social entrepreneurship, or any other relevant fields.
- Jurors will score proposals using five criteria, one of which is an evaluation of team composition and evidence of multidisciplinary thinking.
- Teams should include two to five members.
How to Apply:
You can register for Urban SOS by the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A total of US$15,000 in prize money will be distributed among the finalist teams.
- The winning team also will receive up to US$25,000 of in-kind support from AECOM to create a real-world pilot of their project.
- Registration deadline: July 31, 2017
- Competition deadline: 11:59pm EDT, August 13, 2017
Link for More Information: