SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Australasian Centre for Italian Studies (ACIS) is delighted to invite applications for the ACIS Cassamarca Scholarship Programs. Those scholarships are open to the citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand who want to pursue postgraduate research in Italian studies. Three winners will be selected to receive the scholarships. The application deadline is October 15, 2017.
Each of the three winners will receive benefit of A$6,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate research in Italian Studies; archaeology and classical antiquities, language, literature, culture, history, politics and society, including migration studies. For one of the awards, the Dino De Poli Scholarship which honors the President of the Cassamarca Foundation, preference may be given to applications for research on any aspect of the culture, history, and society of North East Italy.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Italy.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The scholarships are available to students who in 2018 will be enrolled, full-time or part-time, in Master by research or PhD degrees in a university in Australia or New Zealand and who will be engaged in research projects in any of the following areas of Italian Studies: archaeology and classical antiquities, language, literature, culture, history, politics and society, including migration studies.
- Successful applicants will be expected to spend at least two months in Italy on research. The award must be taken up before 1 December 2018.
- Applicants must already have knowledge of Italian adequate for their research purposes. Scholarships will not be awarded to attend language courses in Italy.
- An ACIS Cassamarca scholarship may not be held concurrently with an Italian Government scholarship.
- Tertiary academic staffs are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand
Applications in Word or PDF format must be submitted as email attachments directly to the Chair of the Committee, Dr. Brigid Maher, at this address: b.maher-at-latrobe.edu.au.
The closing date for applications is October 15, 2017.