The Academic Medical Center (AMC) is one of the eight university medical centers in the country and is considered in academic medicine to the international top. As a university medical center AMC has three main tasks. Most important is the treatment of patients. In addition, many medical researches conducted at the AMC. The third task is to provide education and training.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue MD/PhD degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Medicine.
Scholarship Award: Half the funding for a flexible oio is available for an internally funded MD/PhD Scholarships, i.e. €108,023 (80% of total scholarship). The department has to match the remaining 20% (€27,006). For externally funded MD/PhD Scholarships, your supervisor has to provide a similar total sum.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You started your Bachelor degree program in Medicine in the academic year 2014-2015, or
- You started earlier and are without unnecessary study delay, or
- You started the AMC pre-master program in Summer 2016, and
- You have not yet started clinical internship rotations, and will not start a clinical internship rotations before March 1, 2018,or
- You are a student who has been accepted in the “nominal students program 2016-2017”, and
- You will obtain a Bachelor’s or Premaster degree in Medicine before January 1, 2018.
Nationality: Applicants from the Netherlands are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply: The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday August 17, 2017 (23.59 hrs).
Proposals should be sent by e-mail to Marlies Stouthard, m.e.stouthard-at-amc.uva.nl. Also send four hard copies.
To apply for an MD/PhD scholarship, you are required to submit the following documents, and only these, in this order:
- A letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you fulfill the requirements (TIP: make clear why you want an MD/PhD Scholarship, and why this specific research project);
- The MD/PhD Scholarship Application Form 2017, including a research proposal and a list of your publications;
- Your curriculum vitae, including the course transcript of your bachelor degree or equivalent (cijferlijst) issued by the faculty-student administration;
- Written confirmation from your intended PhD supervisor that he or she is willing to act in that capacity;
- A letter of recommendation from an AMC PI, referring to your (past or current) research activities.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 17, 2017.