AberDoc PhD Scholarship at the University of Aberystwyth in UK
The University of Aberystwyth is delighted to invite applications for the AberDoc PhD Scholarship Competition for 2017/18 academic session. Students from all nationals are welcome to apply. He or she must be commencing their PhD in September 2017. The major should be one of those listed below. The AberDoc PhD Scholarship covers tuition fees and three-year maintenance allowance.
The AberDoc PhD Scholarship is purposed to facilitate growth and development, and to challenge boundaries, helping students and staff to contribute to human Endeavour by unlocking their own talents. It seeks to nurture ability in all areas, share best practice, and remove institutional barriers to achievement.
- Successful candidates will receive a grant for up to three years which will cover their tuition fees (up to the UK/EU rate of £4,121) and also provide them with a maintenance allowance of approximately £14,296 per annum and access to a travel and conference fund. Scholarships commence from the main intake: September 2017.
- Non–EU students would have to cover the difference between UK/EU tuition fees and the non-EU tuition fees (approx. £8,198 to £8,448) from their scholarship. However, there will be 3 additional President’s Scholarships, which cover this difference in tuition fees. These will be awarded to the three highest ranked non-EU candidates for the AberDoc competition.
- All doctoral research students are able to undertake teaching and would be provided with an HR contract to enable this to happen easily, and will be recorded as staff members for this purpose. Payment will be according to the rate for hourly teaching staff. Other opportunities for paid work may also be available, such as research support, marking, student recruitment and support activities.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in one of the subjects as follow: Art; Biological; Environmental & Rural Sciences (inc. Sport & Exercise Science); Computer Science; Education & Lifelong Learning; English Literature & Creative Writing; Geography & Earth Sciences; History & Welsh History; Information Studies; International Politics; Law & Criminology; Management & Business; Mathematics; Modern Languages; Physics; Psychology; Theatre, Film & Television Studies; Welsh & Celtic Studies.
Place of Study
At the University of Aberystwyth in UK
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must meet the criteria as follow:
- have or expect to obtain at least upper second class honours in their first degree
- apply and be offered a place for doctoral study at Aberystwyth
- achievement of 7.0 in IELTS, or equivalent, as the normal case, for non-UK students (before the end of March 2017 at the latest)
- be commencing their doctoral study in September 2017.
1 March 2017.