AAHD FREDERICK J. KRAUSE Scholarship Program on Health and Disability in USA, and applications are submitted till November 15, 2017. Applications are invited for Disability scholarship available to a deserving student with a disability who is pursuing undergraduate/graduate studies (must be at least enrolled as a Junior in college) in an accredited university. Preference will be given to students majoring in public health, disability studies, health promotion or a field related to disability and health. Scholarships will be limited to under $1,000. The 2017-18 AAHD Scholarship Award will be awarded in January, 2018. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: student enrolled as a full time student in an undergraduate school or at least a part time student in a graduate school.
Field(s): pursuing studies related to the health and disability, to include, but not limited to public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability research, rehabilitation engineering, audiology, disability policy, special education and majors that will impact quality of life of persons with disabilities.
Deadline: November 15, 2017.
Funded By: American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD)
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AAHD Scholarship Program is targeted for US citizen or legal resident living in the United States.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Funds are limited to under $1,000. The AAHD Board of Directors Scholarship Committee will evaluate each of the applicants and make a decision in December of each calendar year. The 2017-2018 Scholarship Award will be awarded in late January-early February 2018. It is the discretion of the Scholarship Committee to determine how many scholarships will be awarded each year and the amount of each scholarship.
‣ The mission of the American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is to contribute to national, state, and local efforts to promote health and wellness in people with disabilities and identify effective intervention strategies that reduce health disparities between people with disabilities and the general population.
‣ AAHD accomplishes its mission through research, education and advocacy at the national, state and community level. In 2008, AAHD launched the Disability and Health Journal (DHJO), the first peer reviewed, Medline indexed, scientific, scholarly and multidisciplinary journal that focuses on health promotion and wellness for people with disabilities.
‣ In 2009, AAHD created the AAHD Scholarship Program, which supports students with disabilities pursuing higher education.
‣ Preference is given to students who plan to pursue undergraduate/graduate studies in the field of public health, health promotion, disability studies, to include disability policy and disability research. Royalties from the DHJO and private donations help to support the AAHD Scholarship Program.
For AAHD Scholarship Program , applicant must
- Important: applicants who have not yet graduated from high school will not be considered. High school student entering college in the fall of 2017 are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicant must have a disability as defined by the American with Disabilities Act.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time as undergraduate student and completed one full year of college, and is currently in their 2nd year of study in a program at a college or university pursuing an undergraduate degree; or enrolled part time or full time in a graduate school, pursuing a post graduate degree.
- Preference will be given to students majoring in public health, disability studies, health promotion or a field related to disability and health.
- Preference will be given to students with a history of community service and/or volunteer activities.
- Applicant must be a US citizen or legal resident living in the United States and enrolled in an accredited United States university.
Selection Criteria for AAHD Scholarship Program
‣ The AAHD Frederick J. Krause Scholarship on Health and Disability is awarded annually to a deserving student with a disability who is pursuing undergraduate/graduate studies (must be at least enrolled as a sophomore in college) in an accredited university who is pursuing studies related to the health and disability, to include, but not limited to public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability research, rehabilitation engineering, audiology, disability policy, special education and majors that will impact quality of life of persons with disabilities.
‣ The AAHD Board of Directors Scholarship Committee will evaluate each of the applicants and make a decision in December of each calendar year.
‣ The 2017-2018 Scholarship Award will be awarded January 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
- Applicant must provide a Personal Statement (maximum 2 pages, double spaced), including brief personal history, educational/career goals, extra-curricular activities, and reasons why they should be selected by the AAHD Scholarship Committee. This statement must be written solely by the applicant.
- Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation (One must be from a teacher or academic advisor). Letters may be sent by U. S. mail or by email attachment and should include the signature of the teacher or advisor, and the name of student should appear in the subject line of the email.
- Applicant must provide an official copy of college transcript, which should be mailed to AAHD in a sealed envelope.
- Applicant must have a documented disability and provide documentation of their disability from a specialist (physician, educator, et. al).
- Applicant must agree to allow AAHD to use his/her name, photo and/or story in future scholarship materials.
APPLICATION FORM: AAHD Scholarship 2017-18
Please attach your application, supporting materials, etc. and email to: email@example.com. Place “2017-18 Scholarship” in subject line. (Please use MS Word for your personal statement and MS Word, if at all possible, and/or PDF for all other documents that are emailed as attachments). If this is not possible, please mail documents to:
American Association on Health and Disability
110 N. Washington Street, Suite 328-J
Rockville, MD 20850
Only completed applications will be considered and must be postmarked and/or received by email no later than November 15, 2017.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 15, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.