The Lee Kong Chian Scholars’ Programme is one of the most prestigious scholarships offered to outstanding local and foreign undergraduates, studying full-time at the Singapore Management University, the exciting opportunities to a holistic, intellectual and entrepreneurial development.
About The Award:
The Lee Kong Chian Scholars’ Programme is made possible by a generous gift from the Lee Foundation in Singapore Management University. Singapore Management University is a public, autonomous national university in Singapore that specializes in business and management studies.
Scholarships are available for local and foreign students to pursue the undergraduate programmes.
Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees
- The scholarship is tenable for up to four years of the recipients’ studies (up to five years of studies for recipients pursuing double degree in Law), subject to outstanding academic performance and continued observance of the eligibility criteria
- Each recipient will be provided with a notebook computer, which he/she may keep on successful completion of his/her studies
- Each recipient will receive an annual book allowance of $650
- Recipients will participate in a funded International Student Exchange Programme with a partner university; a funded Overseas Study Mission; an International Community Service Project, a Global Issues Forum and special seminars.
Number of Scholarships:
50 Undergraduate Scholarships opportunities are awarded annually, each tenable for up to four years of the scholars’ studies (up to five years of studies for scholars pursuing a double degree in Law), subject to outstanding academic performance and continued observance of the eligibility criteria.
To be taken in(Country):
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality pursuing double degree programme, including the Bachelor of Business Management
- Outstanding academic results
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills
- Substantial record of CCA and/or community service involvement
- Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if they are from countries where English is not the medium of instruction.
All Local and foreign students studying in SMU are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
Apply via Applicant’s Self Service (after submitting an online admission application).click here for the application form.
The deadline is March 19, 2017. Lee Kong Chian Scholarships for 2018/2019 is currently not opened for the academic year 2018-2019. But you can take advantage of other SMU administered scholarships, and Scholarships/Financial Aid offered by external organisations.