Microsoft offers the WINsiders4Good East African Fellowship to 25 East African entrepreneurs interested in bringing their unique idea to life.
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: We belong to the Windows Insiders, the greatest community of people in the world who use the Windows technology we love to eradicate the problems we hate. We are thrilled to announce the WINsiders4Good East African Fellowship.
We are looking for people like you, East African entrepreneurs who can’t stop thinking of that idea you have that will solve a local problem as well as improve the lives of your fellow East Africans.
We would like to build a fellowship of 20 East African entrepreneurs to become our first ever, inaugural class of #WINsider4Good Fellows. If chosen, you will receive hardware and software along with 6 months of tailored technical and strategic mentorship from local and international leaders to help bring your unique idea to life.
Eligibility: Candidate eligible to participate in the #WINSiders4Good East African Fellowship program must:
- Be a registered member of the Windows Insider Program;
- Be a legal resident of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda, and age 18 or over;
- Originate an idea for a product or service that will improve the lives of East African people;
- Complete the #Insiders4Good Fellowship Application and be willing to provide additional information and personal references upon request by Microsoft and partners in support of your application;
- Be willing to adhere to the Fellowship Requirements[link], should you be awarded a Fellowship;
- GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules, and therefore, government employees are not eligible;
- NOT be an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary;
- NOT be an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partners, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this promotion.
Selection Criteria: The WINSiders4Good East African Fellowship will select 20 candidates based on the following criteria:
- Social Impact
- Addresses a common issue affecting a clearly identified segment of the East African population and provides a clear benefit to the potential customers in addressing this issue
- Market Viability
- The product or service has a clearly defined market that is willing and able to pay for the services to address the issue, the paying customer does not always be the end user
- The product or service provides a unique approach to the issues faced by the East African people through a net new innovation the market has yet seen; an improvement on existing solutions; or a combination of multiple solutions for more effective and efficient intervention
- The business has the potential to serve customers across the geographic region where the entrepreneur is based, or across all of East Africa.
Number of Awardees: 25
Value of Fellowship: To help develop a product or service, Fellows will receive Microsoft hardware and software, including Windows 10, Office 365 and Azure credits. Fellows will also receive technical and strategic mentorship from Microsoft staff, local and international experts. We want to learn more about the specific needs of the Fellows and their solutions to tailor an engagement that will most benefit them.
Please apply now!
Award Provider: Microsoft
Application Deadline: 31st March 2017
Eligible Countries: East African countries