The United States of America (USA) State Department Web site for the 2019 Diversity Visa program (DV-2019) is now open and interested individuals are invited to take a chance and apply for this visa lottery program. All applications are to be completed and submitted before the stated deadline.
Eligible Countries: For DV-2019, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, ElSalvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.
Before beginning the entry process, you can verify that your picture(s) comply with all requirements in the Photo Tool.
- Individuals born in countries whose natives qualify may be eligible to enter.
- If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2019 program.
- Each DV applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
- at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit entries for the DV-2019 program electronically at dvlottery.state.gov between noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), Tuesday, October 3, 2017, and noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5), Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
- Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays.
- No late entries or paper entries will be accepted.
- The law allows only one entry by or for each person during each registration period.
- The Department of State uses sophisticated
Application Deadline: 7th November 2017
Award Providers: US Department of State
Important Notes: As indicated in the instructions, for the purposes of eligibility some countries include components and dependent areas overseas. If you are a native of a dependency or overseas territory, please select the appropriate country of eligibility. For example, natives of Macau S.A.R should select Portugal, and natives of Martinique should select France.