Applications are been accepted for the Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies , and applications submissions will continue till October, Only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
The Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship for International Students in Women’s Studies encourages original and significant research about women that crosses disciplinary, regional, or cultural boundaries.
Level: Fellowships support the final year of dissertation writing for Ph.D. or Th.D. degree.
Field(s): The Women’s Studies competition is for projects in the humanities and social sciences; Projects in fields such as management, the clinical and biological sciences, and law are not eligible unless they have a demonstrable academic grounding in the humanities and social sciences. Applicants working on health-related issues in the social sciences should consider carefully whether their work demonstrably centers on the topic’s social, cultural, and individual aspects.
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Funded By: The Woodrow W National Fellowship Foundation
‣ Before deciding to apply for Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship , please consider the following questions to be certain that you are eligible:
- Have you completed all pre-dissertation requirements?
- Are you writing on issues related to women, gender, women’s studies or feminist/gender/LGBTQ theory?
- Are you enrolled in a graduate school in the United States?
- Do you expect to complete the Ph.D. by summer 2017 ? If the answer to all of these questions is yes, you are eligible to apply for a Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies.
1. ONLINE APPLICATION
- Go to the application site. It is recommended that you save the web page as a bookmark.
- Create an account/fill out the required information.
- Click the SUBMIT button before October 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET.
2. SUPPLEMENTAL ITEMS
- A. Obtain a copy of your doctoral transcript. The transcript may be official or unofficial for the initial submission. Finalists will be required to submit an official transcript. Save it/all pages into a single PDF file, correctly labeled.
- B. Prepare cover sheet, abstract, proposal, bibliography, timetable, personal statement, and C.V. (See this template for the proposal document, which provides greater detail.)
- C. Save into a single PDF file, correctly labeled.
- D. Return to your account page and scroll to the bottom. Click on “Submit Supplemental Items.” Upload the transcript and the proposal document in the supplemental items section of the online application.
3. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- • Immediately upon saving your application, return to your account page and scroll to the bottom. Click on Submit Supplemental Items.
- • In the Recommendation Request Section, click on Start next to each listed letter of recommendation to initiate the recommendation request process. This will initiate an email request to your recommender to submit a letter.
- • After entering your recommender’s name and email address, you will have the opportunity to include a personal note in the notification email. It is strongly advised that you provide a “submit by” deadline in this area for your recommenders.
- • Once you have started the process, your recommenders will receive an email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. They have the option to accept or decline this request. Recommenders who accept the request will be taken to an online form where they will enter some information before uploading and submitting their recommendation letter..
- • If a recommender declines your request to provide a recommendation, you will be notified by email. If you receive a “decline” notification, you will need to return to your account page and “Start” a new recommendation process with a different recommender.
- • You also have the ability in this same area of your account page to change a recommender by clicking on Cancel and then following the procedures to Start a new recommendation process with a different recommender, or to Resend a request to one of your recommenders, if necessary.
All components are required. The deadline for all components is October 15, 2017.
Note: You will be able to track receipt of your letters of recommendation in the supplemental items section of your application. It is your responsibility to follow up with your recommenders to ensure that they have submitted their online recommendation prior to deadline, October 15, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. We strongly recommend that Letters of Recommendation be submitted as early as possible to ensure they are received prior to deadline.
Important Competition Dates
October 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST
Notification of Status (Finalist and Non-Finalist)
By January 15, 2018
By February 28, 2018
Public Announcement of Fellows
By May 1, 2018
Term of the award
The 2018 Fellows will serve their tenure from September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019.
Deadline: October 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST