Applications are been accepted for the TWAS-CNPq Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Brazil , and application submissions continues till 11 August 2017. Applicants are to ensure they all comply with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
‣ The National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) in Brasilia, Brazil and TWAS offer up to 10 postdoctoral fellowships each year to young scientists from developing countries (other than Brazil) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Brazil
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program
Field(s): Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics.
Deadline: 11 August 2017.
Funded By: National Council for Scientific and Technological Development and TWAS.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-CNPq Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for citizens ofdeveloping countries other than Brazil (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea?Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico,
|Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ No. of awards: Up to 10 postdoctoral fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : TWAS-CNPq Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in Brazil for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
‣Value of Scholarship : CNPq will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency
Applicants for this TWAS-CNPq Postdoctoral Fellowship must meet the following criteria:
‣ There is no age limit for this programme.
‣ Must not hold a visa for permanent or temporary residency in Brazil or in a developed country.
‣ Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences.
‣ Be a regular employee in a developing country (other than Brazil) and hold a research assignment there.
‣ Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
‣ Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
‣ Provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution
‣ Prove knowledge of Portuguese or provide a certificate of proficiency in Spanish or English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).
‣ Have an updated Curriculum Vitae on CNPq’s Lattes Platform
‣ Present a detailed research plan agreed by her/his host supervisor.
‣ Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Scholarship Application Method
Guidelines CV Lattes 20171.23 MB
Guidelines online application form888.34 KB
Submitting your application
- Applications to the TWAS-CNPq Fellowships must be submitted online only.
- Information on the call for applications where you will find the programme details, eligibility criteria, required documents and certificates as well as the online application form are available in the note below and at http://www.cnpq.br/web/guest/chamadas-publicas?p_p_id=resultadosportlet_WAR_resultadoscnpqportlet_INSTANCE_0ZaM&filtro=abertas&detalha=chamadaDivulgada&desc=chamadas&idDivulgacao=7182
- Applicants must be aware that CNPq and TWAS will not accept applications submitted by any other means except via the online application form.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application as early as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CAPES-listed institution to CNPq when applying. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Queries concerning the call for applications to the TWAS-CNPq Fellowships programmes should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the Visiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
• National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq)
International Cooperation Office (ASCIN)
SHIS Quadra 01 Conjunto B, Bloco “D”,
Edificio Santos Dumont
Lago sul Brasília, DF, CEP: 71605-001
Phone + 55 61 3211 9446, + 55 61 3211 9610
Fax: +55 61 2108-9442
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 11 August 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.