SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are currently available for the EGU Science Journalism Fellowships for International Journalists, and application submission is between October–November each year.
The European Geosciences Union (EGU) is once again offering EGU Science Journalism Fellowships for journalists to report on ongoing research in the geosciences. Successful applicants will receive up to €5000 to cover expenses related to their projects.
The EGU Science Journalism Fellowships is now inviting proposals from professional, active journalists to report on ongoing research within the Earth, planetary and space sciences.
Competitive proposals will
- focus on a topic in the geosciences (including planetary and space sciences) with potential broad public appeal,
- preferably feature leading Europe-based researchers, and
- outline an original, creative and well-informed approach to the subject. They particularly encourage applicants to submit proposals to report on new and exciting research areas that the wider public may be less familiar with.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be written in English, and include:
(a) A proposal (2 pages): a working title, motivation, outline of approach, provisional plan of work, suggested publication outlets and an analysis of feasibility (including budget). (b) A summary of experience (1 page): an account of professional affiliations, previous experience, expertise and acclaim.
‣ Documents in file (a) should not include the applicant’s name, gender, contact details, or any other information that identifies the candidate, as this part of the application will be judged anonymously.
‣ Applications must be submitted by e-mail in two PDF files [(a) and (b) above] to the EGU Media and Communications Manager, Bárbara Ferreira (media-at-egu.eu).
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The call for applications takes place in October–November each year
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.