One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns and fellows in several departments in 2018. For twelve to twenty-four weeks (January to April/January to July), interns and fellows will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund’s operations. Interns and fellows will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverables.
Eligibility: This program is designed to provide meaningful work opportunities for East and Southern Africa’s brightest young professionals. You are eligible to apply for this opportunity if you meet the below criteria:
- You will be a university graduate (first degree) by January 15, 2018.
- You can speak and read English fluently.
- You hold citizenship or work authorization in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi or Zambia.
Selection Criteria: We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive positions. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi or Zambia – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent college graduate or young professional
- Strong work experiences. Examples include part-time or full-time jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application)
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and relevant African languages (e.g. Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Bemba, Chichewa, etc.)
How to Apply: Complete this application form by October 15th, 2017. Submitting a CV is optional but you must complete the application form including two essays and proof of work eligibility.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2017
Award Providers: One Acre Fund