Applicants are invited to apply for the Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship at Santa Fe Institute, August 7, 2017 through October 29, 2017. This scholarship program avails select scholars the opportunity to join a collaborative research community where they grapple with some of the most compelling questions of our time.All applicants are to ensure the comply with the listed eligibility criteria
‣ Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship Fellows are free to choose their research topic.Descriptions of the research themes and interests of the faculty and current Fellows can be found at SFI Research. The Institute has no formal programs or departments.
‣ Research is collaborative and spans the physical, natural, and social sciences. Most research is theoretical and/or computational in nature, although some research includes an empirical component. SFI averages 10 resident faculty, 100 external faculty, and 250 visitors per year.
School(Institutions/ Country): | the Santa Fe Institute.
Level: Postdoctoral program.
Field(s): SFI’s research theme is complexity.
Deadline: from August 7, 2017 through October 29, 2017
Funded By: The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Omidyar Fellowship is targeted for applicants from any country can apply for these fellowships.
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowship is awarded for a period of three years
|.‣Value of Scholarship : The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute offers you:
Have what it takes to avail Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship ?
‣ a Ph.D. in any discipline (or expected Ph.D. by September 2017)
‣ strong computational and quantitative skills
‣ an exemplary academic record
‣ a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
‣ a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research
‣ evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms
Applications are welcome from:
‣ candidates from any country
‣ candidates from any discipline
‣ women and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
Candidates will receive the invitation for an interview in mid December 2017.
We will conduct candidate interviews in late January 2018 in Santa Fe, NM. Interviews take place over two days, plus travel time.
New Omidyar Fellows are expected to begin their appointment no earlier than June 2018 and no later than October 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Click here for requirements, and to apply.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : We will be accepting applications for the 2018 cohort beginning August 7, 2017 through October 29, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.