Applications are currently invited for the 2018 Monash,South Africa International Undergraduate Scholarships, the closing date for applications is as follows: Semester One Intake: 15 November Semester Two Intake: 30 April.This scholarship is available to South African and international students who are undertaking undergraduate program. Monash scholarship is also aimed at providing financial assistance to students whom are experiencing some form of disadvantage financially.
‣ Monash South Africa is offering scholarships for South African and international students. These Monash South Africa Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programmme.
‣ Monash scholarships provide learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship).
‣ Scholarships are offered to students to encourage and reward academic
excellence in previous studies.
‣ Monash South Africa Limited incorporated in Australia External Profit
Company is registered with the Department of Education as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act of 1997.
‣ Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | South Africa
Level: Undergraduate programmme
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is as follows: Semester One Intake: 15 November Semester Two Intake: 30 April .
Funded By: Monash South Africa Limited
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Monash South Africa scholarships are targeted for South African and international students.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Total value of up to R60,700
Full or partial tuition fee for a full-time study load (48 credit points), for the specific year of application and approval of award.
Exposure to the working environment – you will have first preference for Department work placements during peak periods.
Have what it takes to avail Monash South Africa scholarships ? applicants must:
‣ Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award;
‣ Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
‣ Be studying Year 12 or equivalent (South Africa citizen) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
‣ Be a current Monash South Africa student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa.
College Admission Requirement
‣ Entrance Requirement: Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.3 or above each semester.
‣ Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- For South African students-
- South African National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- a minimum score of 4 (50-59%)
- South African Senior Certificate (SAFCERT)
- a pass in an examination equivalent to English at the higher grade (first or second language)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- a minimum score of 6.5 (no band lower than 6)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper based – a score of 550 or more, with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5 or more.
- Internet based – at least 79 overall, 21 for writing, 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 18 for speaking
- For International students: a pass in English at A level, O level, minimum of a C, International Baccalaureate or equivalent.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To be eligible for scholarships, applicants must first be accepted into their course at Monash South Africa. Applicants should then:
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- Submit your application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The closing date for applications is as follows: Semester One Intake: 15 November Semester Two Intake: 30 April .
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.