The Mexican Government in her commitment to support education is delighted to avail Scholarship Program for Foreign Students ,and applications for this scholarship will be on submission till 28th September 2017. This scholarship is available to undertake Master’s or PhD Degrees and Postgraduate Researches. All interested Applicants must ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria as stated.
‣ Mexican Cultural diplomacy has worked for decades in several successful programs, one of which is undoubtedly the formation of human capital through Mexican Government Scholarship Program for obtaining academic degrees and conducting research in various areas of knowledge.
‣ The General Directorate for Cultural Affairs through the Directorate for Academic Exchange, designs and manages the Scholarship Program for Foreigners of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
‣ The Mexico Government Scholarships mention two ways: the academic scholarships and grants for special programs.
‣ The academic scholarships are offered for full programs at specialty, master’s, doctoral and conduct research at the graduate level.
‣ The Mexican Government Scholarship Program offer also includes academic mobility in the undergraduate and graduate levels.
‣ For its part, grants for special programs are for short stay visitors aimed at teachers, researchers in Mexico issues, media partners and stays of artistic creation, among others.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Mexico
Level: Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Research. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to study any one of the courses available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, Plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising.
Deadline:28th September 2017(15:00 Local Mexico time).
Funded By: Mexican Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mexican Government Scholarship Program are targeted for International Students: Scholarship is open for the students of North America (United States, Canada and Canada / Province of Quebec),Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico (Commonwealth), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago), Asia (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Kingdom of, China, People’s Rep., India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Democratic Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Islamic Rep. of, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Kingdom of Timor – Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Socialist Rep. of), Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela) Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France,
|Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine)
Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Independent State, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu), Middle East (Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen) and Non- Self- Governing Territories (American Samoa, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Guam, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Tokelau, Turks and Caicos Islands and United States Virgin Islands).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs- one academic term (quarter, trimester or semester) -Graduate research and postdoctoral fellowships-12 months (1 month minimum) -Specialization-1 year -Master’s degree- 2 Years -Doctorate- 3 years -Medical specialties and subspecialties- 3 Years
‣ Scholarship covers: This Mexican Government Scholarship Program covers Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution. -Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting in the third month of the scholarship. (The scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.) -Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, if studying outside of Mexico City. -Monthly stipend of $8,074.80 Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$595.934) for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s degree research, Spanish language and Mexican culture courses. -Monthly stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$744.912) for doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and sub specializations.
To qualify for Mexican Government Scholarship Program , candidates must fullfill all of the following requirements:
‣ Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
‣ Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
‣ Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
Selection Criteria for Mexican Government Scholarship Program
‣ Academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study.
‣ The intended field of study in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
‣ The area of study is important to and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
‣ The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
‣ The results will be announced as of 29th November 2017 by Mexico’s diplomatic offices abroad.
Scholarship Application Method
- Documents in any languageother than spanish must be accompanied by a simple spanish translation( need not be certified)
- Applicants with more than one nationality may only submit one application. The nomination must come from the same country as the nationality chosen by the applicant to use while in mexico
a). File Application
‣ The entire scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican or concurrent embassy for the applicant’s country.
directorio of embassies:
‣ The applicant must submit the documents in the following order:
- Official nomination of his/her government
- Application form
- A letter explaining why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of three pages)
- Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution indicating the length of the program with start and end dates and the method of study 2
- Copy of the diploma for the last degree obtained
- Copy of the transcript of the last degree obtained showing a minimum grade point average of 8/10. If a different scale is used, the equivalent on a 10-point scale must be submitted.
- For mobility scholarships, a letter from the applicant’s institution agreeing to give academic credit for the classes or course of study that will be taken in Mexico
- Candidates already in Mexico must have a current immigration document with a temporary student resident visa (card).
- If Spanish is not the applicant’s native language, include certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish from a university or language center 3.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport
- Original medical certificate, issued by a public institution no more than three months prior to submitting the application.
- Eight recent photographs (not digital), full-face front view, white background, 3 cm x 3cm. Write name and nationality on the back. Documents in any language other than Spanish must be accompanied by a Spanish translation.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28th September 2017(15:00 Local Mexico time)
Note: The deadline is not extendable , the application submitted extemporaneously will not be processed .
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.