Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018 International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis Science Communication Fellowship, eligible persons are welcome t apply for this program.
Value of Award: The fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from Vienna and the awardee’s home at the beginning and end of the fellowship, and a modest stipend to offset living expenses during the period of the fellowship.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Brazil, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Republic, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands the, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, UK, USA, Vietnam.
To Be Taken At (Country): Austria
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program
- Applicants from all countries are welcome. However, IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization. We encourage applications from developing countries.
- Experience writing about science for the general public, via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
How to Apply: To apply, please email the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words, about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience. Examples: Article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, op-ed
- One letter of recommendation
to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department,
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA),
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Application Deadline: 11th January 2018