We believe in sharing our experiences and resources with willing hearts that are wired with the sense of achieving social stability and sustainability. The fellowship program will feature funded trainings that will empower applicants towards the procurement of achieving their social intentions for the purpose of sustainability. Stipends will be given to successful applicants.
Type: Contests, Fellowship
Value of Award: Successful applicants will receive stipends and funded trainings.
To be Taken at (country): Nigeria
Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the Green Initiative Fellowship, the applicant must be:
- Over 18 years old and must be a recent graduate or postgraduate student.
- Fluent in English and their indigenous language
- Able to commit a full 35 hour work week to their organization.
- Open to all countries
Selection Criteria: Qualities sought in the selection of fellows include:
- Leadership & Resourcefulness
- Academic record
- Communication skills
- Integrity and self-discipline
- Initiative and follow through
- Openness to new professional fields
- Ability to work in groups
- Interest in environmental sustainability and social change
How to Apply: Complete the application including:
- Your Personal Statement – What has convinced you to apply for the Green Fellowship? What do you hope to benefit from the 12-months fellowship?
- Your Project Statement – What is your plan for the 6-month period in regards to environmental sustainability. What opportunities and challenges are unique to your project?
- 2-3 Recommendations – Must be from your teacher, professor or lecturer and can be supplemented with letters from mentors, organisations, faith community and employers
- Deadline – The national selection process begins in September. Awards are announced in mid-January.
Application Deadline: There is no deadline announcement but as awards are announced in mid-January applications should be submitted no later than November 2017