Applications are now available for the 2018 Global Youth Leadership Scholarship in Canada for Developing Countries , young students from eligible countries are welcome to apply!
The Global Youth Leaders Certificate is a three-week education program offered at Coady Institute. This program enables young development practitioners from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Participants engage in learning that is grounded in real-world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with others from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
Institution:Global Youth Program
Value of Program:
- The Global Youth Leadership program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodation, and meals.
- Program participants also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished leaders from around the world.
To be taken at (country): Coady Institute, Canada
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Eligible Field of Study: Programme participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: This program is targeted to young leaders (20-30 years old) from developing countries who are working on development issues. Priority is given to people who:
- Possess a minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in social, environmental or economic development in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not-for-profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business; AND
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
Scholarship Provider: COADY International Institute