Entries are been accepted for the 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize for Commonwealth Countries,hurry na d apply!
Value of Contest: Regional winners receive £2,500 and the overall winner receives £5,000.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must:
- have an unpublished short fiction (2,000–5,000 words)
- be a member of a Commonwealth country
- For regional purposes, entries will be judged by country of citizenship. Where the writer has dual citizenship, the entry will be judged in the region where the writer is permanently resident.
- must be aged 18 years or over on 1 November 2016.
- There is no requirement for the writer to have current residence in a Commonwealth country, providing she/he is a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
All entries will be accepted at the discretion of the Commonwealth Foundation which will exercise its judgement, in consultation with the prize chair as necessary, in ruling on questions of eligibility. The ruling of the chair on questions of eligibility is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa include: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia. Overseas Territories: St Helena, Tristan Da Cunha, Ascension Island.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka.
- Canada and Europe: Canada, Cyprus, Malta, United Kingdom. Overseas Territories: Gibraltar, Falkland Islands.
- Caribbean : Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago. Overseas Territories: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Pacific: Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. Overseas Territory: Pitcairn.
How to Apply: Before you enter your story, do make sure you read the eligibility and entry guidelines. Then
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2017
Award Provider: Commonwealth Foundation
Important Notes: Please note that you will see a confirmation page with your reference number when you have successfully submitted your short story. You should make a note of the number and quote it on any correspondence with Commonwealth Writers.