Entries are sought from professional, amateur, independent and commercial creators across the globe for the Japan Media Arts Festival.Only Applicants who have met with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this program,and all submission must be concluded before the stated deadline.
Application Deadline: 5th October 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC] and the Tokyo Opera City Art Gallery (Hatsudai,Tokyo), Japan
Field of Entry: The Four Divisions (Art, Entertainment, Animation, Manga)
- Art Division: Interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (illustrations, photographs, computer graphics, etc.), internet art, media performances, etc.
- Entertainment Division: Games (video games, online games, etc.), video / sound works (music videos, independent and advertising videos, etc.), multimedia productions (including special effects videos, performances, projections), gadgets, electronic devices, websites (including web promotions, open source projects), application software, etc.
- Animation Division: Animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
- Manga Division: Comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile devices), self-published comics, etc.
Eligibility: In all divisions professional, amateur, independent and commercial works are eligible for submission.
- Works must be completed or released between Saturday, September 10, 2016 and Thursday, October 5, 2017.
- Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry.
- While an unlimited number of entries may be made, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions.
- The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
- Each entrant must read, understand and accept the Rules and Regulations before submission.
- By submitting their work, the entrant is deemed to have accepted all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
Value of Award: For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity. In addition, Special Achievement Awards will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to individuals or groups who have made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
Grand Prize: Certificate*, trophy, 600,000 Japanese Yen
Excellence Award: Certificate*, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
New Face Award: Certificate*, trophy, 200,000 Japanese Yen
Special Achievement Award: Certificate*, trophy
Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections
Timeline and Duration of Program:
- Announcement of Award-winning Works: March, 2018
- Awards Ceremony: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 Venue: The National Art Center, Tokyo
- Exhibition of Award-winning Works: Wednesday, June 13 – Sunday, June 24, 2018 Venue: The National Art Center, Tokyo
How to Apply: Enter here
Award Providers: 21st Japan Media Arts Festival Executive Committee