Applications are now on submission for the 2018 Amsterdam Master Students Science Talent Scholarship in Netherlands, Only eligible persons whom have applied will be considered for this program.
The Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship(ASTS) programme offered by the Faculty of Science is aimed at talented students from the Netherlands and the European Economic Area who choose to do a Master’s programme in Green Life Sciences, Gravitation Astroparticle Physics (GRAPPA) or Sustainability-the Molecular Approach.
Level: Masters Degree
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded to do a Master’s programme in either Green Life Sciences, Gravitation Astroparticle Physics (GRAPPA) or Sustainability-the Molecular Approach at University of Amsterdam.
School(Institutions/ Country): Faculty of Science of University of Amsterdam | Netherlands
Funded By: Faculty of Science of University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship is targeted for EU/EER only (non Dutch only)
For 2018 Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship program you can apply if
‣ Candidates for the ASTS are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- the candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This means an overall grade point average equivalent to at least:3.5 (GPA American system)1st class honours / upper division British system8+ (Dutch EC-system); the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- at least two letters of reference from academic staff members;
- the quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components);
- the quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Scholarship Application Method
Application for the ASTS is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice. Please follow to steps below carefully:
- Check the entry requirements of your programme under ‘Application and admission’.
Overview of Science Master’s Programmes
- Register in Studielink (on the same page)
- Submit your application online after receiving your UvA-net ID (this can take up to 48 hours)
On your application form, in the box about the funding of your studies you need to indicate that you want to make use of the ASTS scholarship. Next you will receive an email from the International Team of the UvA in which you will be asked to submit an additional motivation. Please note that your referees will receive a request for a ‘Reference Letter’ which they have to return to the International Team by means of email.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 March (of each year) for a start in September following that year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: 1 March (of each year) for a start in September following that year