Applications are currently been accepted for the Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship (JDS) Program, and applications submission continues till Currently, the applications are open only for Vietnam , Laos and Bangladesh. Japan. Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship Program (JDS) is to support human resource development of the Japanese grant aid recipient countries. JDS program targets the highly capable young officials (mainly government) who are expected to engage in implementing social and economic development plans as a future leader. JDS Fellows are also expected to contribute to the enhanced bilateral relations between their countries and Japan, with well-rounded knowledge of Japan. JDS program offers 2-year Master’s course at Japanese Universities in English.
Level: master degree program
Field(s): all the subjects.
School(Institutions/ Country): Japanese universities | Japan
Value of scholarship Full tuition fees
- One round-trip air fare
- Arrival allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Monthly scholarship
- Subsidiary allowance for purchasing books
- Subsidiary allowance for shipping
- Subsidiary allowance for traveling and seminar
- Overseas travel insurance
- Supports from the agent: Finding accommodation, Initial settlement of your life in Japan and Emergency situation etc.
Funded By: JDS is funded by the Government of Japan through ODA (Official Development Assistance) supported by Japanese tax payers.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship is targeted for citizens of Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyz Republic, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Cambodia and Laos
Have what it takes to avail Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship ?
- Citizens of Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyz Republic, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Cambodia or Laos
- Age limit for Myanmar and Kyrgyz Republic is between 22 and 40, for Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Cambodia and Laos is between 22 and 39, for Vietnam is between 24 and 39, for Bangladesh is below Forty (40) years old, as of April 1st, 2018 (April 2nd, 1976 and born on/before April 1st, 1994)
- Hold a Bachelor Degree.
- Have a good command of both written and spoken English.
- International TOEFL 500 or equivalent is required.
- Mentally and physically in good health
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application Form and the required documents must be submitted by hand or by post.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Currently The application deadline Bangladesh is 19th October (Thursday), 2017 ; Vietnam is 17:00 October 13 (Fri), 2017 ; Nepal is coming soon ; Laos is October 20 (Fri), 2017.