Applications are now available for International Student Excellence Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand and application submission will continue till 10 November each year. Victoria University excellence scholarships is available to international students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington. Applicants are reminded that eligibility criteria is a noteworthy information and must be met as stated.
Level: postgraduate study
Field(s): any of the courses available at Victoria University of Wellington.
Deadline: 10 November each year
Funded By: Victoria University of Wellington
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International Student Excellence Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ The Int’al Student Excellence Scholarship offered by Victoria University of Wellington is based on academic achievement, leadership and/or engagement with the community.
‣ The purpose of this Scholarship is to recognise and reward excellence and engagement of currently enrolled international students who have a strong academic record and leadership potential.
‣ Award No: The number of scholarships available will vary from year to year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Successful recipients can only receive the scholarship once during their degree.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each scholarship is valued at $5,000. Subject to funding availability.
‣ The International Student Excellence Scholarships are available to international students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
‣ Applications will also be considered from international students who are in their final year of a Victoria undergraduate degree and are continuing on to postgraduate study at Victoria University of Wellington.
Selection Criteria for International Student Excellence Scholarships
The scholarships will be awarded based on the basis of:
‣ Achieving an Academic Progress Grade (APG) of 7.0 (A-) or above. The APG is calculated on the two most recent trimesters. First year undergraduate students are eligible to apply in their second trimester.
‣ Demonstrated leadership and/or community engagement. Leadership and community engagement may include, but is not limited
to, active participation in the University’s leadership programmes, buddy or mentoring programmes or other types of service that positively contributes to the wider community.
‣ Confirmation will be sent by email to the successful recipient(s) in early December.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Students who wish to be considered for this Scholarship must submit a:
-completed application form, including financial information;
-personal statement highlighting demonstrated leadership and/or contribution to the University or Wellington community (no
more than 500 words);
The funds shall be paid to the successful recipients’ university tuition fees accounts after confirmation of full-time enrolment at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 1 the following year.
The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with any other scholarship or financial assistance with the exception of the Victoria International Excellence Scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications due on 10 November each year
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.