SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Entries are now been accepted for the Neelan Tiruchelvam women fellowship program,Women applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the Fellowship programme i order to help build a cadre of women leaders. The trust awarded maximum ten fellowships to Sri Lankan women. This program is focused on providing opportunities for young women to become effective leaders in mobilising, organising, educating, awareness raising and advocacy on community empowerment, gender justice, peacebuilding and human rights.
The Neelan Tiruchelvam Trust (NTT) is a Sri Lankan philanthropic organization that supports social justice, peace and reconciliation. It was established in 2001 in memory of Dr. Neelan Tiruchelvam, who actively worked to build peace through non-violent means.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for women working at the community level.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the fields of strategies and methodologies.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- The periods between each phase of training enables participants to return to their workplaces or communities and begin incorporating the learning into their work.
Numbers of Scholarships: A maximum number of ten fellowships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Sri Lanka
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Have strong interest, passion and actively engaged in promoting human rights or/and gender justice.
- Be a member of a community-based organization or should have experience working at community level for at least 3 years.
- Be committed to the objectives, expectations and timelines established by the programme during the 18 month period or/and commit to taking part in each of the 3 phases of the programme (7–14 working days each), and be willing to actively achieve programme objectives throughout the 18 month duration of the programme.
- Have time and willingness to travel within and out of the country.
- Be willing to share the knowledge gained during the programme with other staff within the organization/members of the community.
- Applicants who have not been part of previous systematic trainings and/or capacity building initiatives are highly encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Sri Lankan applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: All three phases of the programme will be conducted in Tamil language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email or post.
- Please submit an email request to programmeofficer.ntt-at-neelan.org requesting the application forms to be sent by email or post.)
- Applications may be submitted in Tamil or English.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.