The Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is delighted to call for applications from Sri Lankan students for its QUT and NCAS PhD scholarship programme. The scholarship is for conducting research in diverse fields. The primary purpose of this scholarship is provide learning opportunities to Sri Lankan students.
The NCAS is a National Centre in Sri Lanka set up by Ordinance in October 2005 under Section 24A of the Universities for the purpose of promoting advanced studies and research mainly in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in following fields:
- Creative arts
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Applicants will receive a full tuition fee sponsorship valued at approximately AUD $100 000 over three years, provided by QUT
- Living allowance of at least AUD $19,830 each year for three years, airfares to Australia and overseas health cover costs are provided by National Centre for Advance Studies (NCAS) in Sri Lanka
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Permanent members of academic staff of universities under the Grants Commission of Sri Lanka
- Master degree with minimum research component of 25% or a four year Bachelor degree with Honours 1st or 2nd class
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.5 on a 7-point scale or equivalent.
- In addition to the above requirements, all applicants should satisfy the general guidelines of the NCAS postgraduate grant scheme.
Nationality: Sri Lankan applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a master degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 25, 2017.