Entries are now been submitted at The National Film and Video Foundation for its Film Bursaries for South African applicants to conduct the study at abroad or South Africa. These bursaries are available to pursue tertiary qualifications. this program has the objective of supporting students who are hard workers, have a passion for the industry but lack the financial resources to meet their ambition.Applicants are to ensure that the adhere to the listed eligibility criteria to avoid being disqualified.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa’s film and video industry.
Course Level: These bursaries are available to pursue tertiary qualifications.
Study Subject: These bursaries are awarded in the field of film courses.
Scholarship Award: These bursaries will cover the followings:
- First-year students receive 100% towards tuition fee only, thereafter we pay 80% towards tuition fee only.
- 100% bursaries will not be awarded for abroad institutions.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa or abroad
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The student should be accepted and registered at an institution that offers formal tertiary qualifications.
- Should be able to demonstrate financial need, i.e. by submitting parent’s payslips etc.
- Should have proof of good academic results (secondary).
- Should submit a one-page motivational letter demonstrating why the individual is a good candidate to receive a bursary. The letter should also include all the required information as per application form.
Nationality: South African applicants can apply for these bursaries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have proof of good academic results (secondary.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- A covering letter including the personal motivation for study and its relevance to the applicant’s intended career path, as well as how the skills acquired will benefit South Africa.
- A letter of support from the international institution.
- Proof of excellence within the applicant’s field of competency.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.