The Government of India in her commitment to support and promote education and learning in India has organized Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Indian applicants. These scholarships are open to undertake professional and technical courses.The primary purpose of this scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
The government of India has improved the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities through affirmative action and inclusive development so that every citizen has equal opportunity to participate actively in building a vibrant nation.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue professional and technical courses
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in professional and technical fields.
Scholarship Award: Full Course Fee will be reimbursed for the listed institutions.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students belonging to notified minority communities viz. Muslim,
Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and fulfilling the Scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate level or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Course fee and Maintenance allowance will be credited/transferred directly into the bank account of selected students.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional
courses, on the basis of a competitive examination, will be eligible for the
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for the scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher
secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other
scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The Income Certificate would remain valid for One Year.
- The State Department will advertise the Scheme every year and receive the applications online through the concerned institutions as per the timeline. Page 3 of 5
- Aadhaar Number is also required for payment of scholarship.
- The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will be
responsible for processing and scrutinizing the applications submitted by
the students (as per the work flow opted) and send the proposal of
eligible students online to this Ministry for sanction of the
scholarships as per timelines.
- The online proposal for release of fund from the State Department must be forwarded to and received in the Ministry as per the timeline fixed by this Ministry every year.
- Fund for Administrative Expenses in a subsequent year will be released after receipt of the Utilisation Certificate for the fund released in the previous year.
Nationality: Indian applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- The list of documents to be scanned & uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Scholarships as under:
- Student Photo. (Mandatory)
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
- Self-declaration of Income Certificate by the student. (Mandatory)
- Self-declaration of the community by the student. (Mandatory)
- In the case of Fresh: Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory)
- In the case of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Mark sheet as filled in the Form. (Mandatory)
- Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory) Proof of Bank Account in the name of the student. (Mandatory)
- Aadhaar Card (optional)
- Residential Certificate. (Mandatory)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.