The Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) is offering Undergraduate (REEU) Fellowships in Water Quality. The REEU Summer Program is a residential 5-week program open to freshman and sophomore undergraduates in agriculture science or environmental/agricultural engineering.
The goals of the fellowship program are to 1) provide hands-on learning experiences in water quality, 2) Expose students to careers in agricultural extension; and 3) provide a pathway to graduate school.
The Fellowship program will feature a mentoring program that will pair students with one of the supporting faculty members. Faculty mentors will introduce the students to the program, cultivate the student’s interests, and help the students to set individual educational and research goals for the experience.
The College trains students to enter careers in the human sciences, animal, crop and the environmental sciences, and agricultural and resource economics.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship students will receive:
- Hands-on education and research training in the area of water quality.
- Internships with agricultural extension specialists.
- 3-hours of college credit.
- $2,500 stipend.
- Free housing at Texas A&M University.
- Meal allowance of $150 per week.
- $250 travel allowance to participate in a water quality conference.
- Opportunity to go on the Belgium Environmental Science and Engineering Study Abroad program.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Agriculture science or environmental/agricultural engineering major.
- Freshman or Sophomore classification.
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- 2.75 GPA.
- Preference will be given to students from an under-represented group (African-American, Hispanic, American Indian, first generation college student).
Nationality: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement No
Test Requirement Applicants must have 2.75 GPA.
How to Apply: Complete the application and necessary forms and submit as appropriate. The application deadline is March 30, 2017. Essays should be one page in length describing student’s research interests, career goal and related experience.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 30, 2017.