The Department of Science & Technology (DST) of India, as well as the National Research, Development and Innovation Office (NRDIO) of Hungary, is delighted to jointly call for applications for the 2017 Indo-Hungarian Joint Research Grant.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. DST supports open access to scientific knowledge, originated from the public-funded research in India.
Course Level: Grant is available to pursue joint research projects.
Study Subject: Grant is awarded in the field of Biotechnology, ICT, Energy and Water.
Scholarship Award: Grant will cover the following:
- A detailed budget shall be required. Requested budget items must relate to the project research activities.
- Allowable budget items:
- Travel expenses including living cost/per-diem etc. connected to project related visits as per the guidelines.
- Consumables required for doing the proposed research.
- Labour / Manpower Hiring costs (In India, as per DST norms, support would be available for Junior Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow).
- Due justification/basis for calculations be given for all budget heads.
- The international travel and overseas medical insurance shall becovered by the Sending side. The Receiving side shall cover the expenditure on local transportation within its own country.
- The receiving side shall cover the costs of accommodation and the costs of living as follows:
- The Indian scientists visiting Hungary will be provided HUF 30 000 per day
- (accommodation included). Similarly, Hungarian scientists visiting India will be
- provided INR 2500 per day. In addition, Indian side will provide reasonably
- furnished accommodation in Guest Houses for the visiting Hungarian
- scientists. The host Hungarian scientist will assist the visiting scientist with
Scholarship can be taken in India and Hungary
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Indian & Hungarian scientists shall submit joint applications in response to a joint call for proposals in the English language.
- The proposal received before the deadline indicated in the call.
- Completeness of the proposal.
- Proposal involves at least one partner from Hungary and one partner from India.
- The proposed research is related to the priority areas of each side.
Nationality: Applicants from India and Hungary are eligible to apply for the grant.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Funding instruments are given in Annexure-1, forms to be used in Annexure-2, Guidelines regarding organisation of the research visits in Annexure-3.
- The applications should nicely be stapled, and must not be bounded. The original copy must be signed by the Indian and Hungarian principal investigators. (Electronic signature would be acceptable.) Fax copies shall also be accepted.
- Applicants from India shall send the original and 3 copies of the completed application form, done in English, along with an electronic copy in a single MS Word or pdf. file (no scan copy please), as e-mail attachment.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 17, 2017.