The Harry Oppenheimer Institute for African Studies at the University of Cape Town is delighted to announce the availability of HOI Postgraduate Scholarship for South African applicants. The scholarship is available to conduct research in the area of African Studies. The purpose of this scholarship is to develop the careers of black students to prepare them to become equal competitors and significant role models at UCT in general and in the field of African Studies in particular.
The University of Cape Town is a public research university located in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue master and doctoral programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in any field with application to African Studies
Scholarship Award: The value of the Scholarship is up to R30 000.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students will be required to register and complete the postgraduate degree at the University of Cape Town.
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible for the scholarship
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications should be made on the prescribed forms and accompany a full curriculum vitae.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to request two persons familiar with their work to prepare a referee’s report. The reports must be submitted directly to the Institute.
- The Scholarship may be deferred for a maximum of one year.
- The proposed degree must be completed at UCT, failing which the full scholarship award must be refunded.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.